- A mix of seeds producing flowers to feed the bee’s – Organically Grown.
- Bee’s are the most important workers in the garden pollinating flowers ensuring you get good fruit set for harvest.
- To encourage bee’s to visit your garden you need lots of flowers for the bees to visit.
- Bee’s love flowers that are the colour yellow, blue and purple. The flowers need to be high in pollen and nectar which is why we have created a mix that is sure to draw their attention.
- These varieties have been selected from years of experience organic gardening and seeing which annuals bee’s go crazy for.
- Spring/Summer mix contains Basil, Sunflower, Cosmos, Marigold and Anise Hyssop.
How to Grow
You can sow this seed mixture into pots/containers or direct in the garden. The seeds supplied in this mix all germinate very easily to give you the best chance for success. Prepare the area you want to sow by mixing through some compost and a manure based fertiliser. Scatter the seeds evenly ensuring you have good spacing so each plant can get to it’s full size. Cover the seed with soil as per the packets instructions and water in. Then it is patients until the plants begin to flower and you will begin to see bee’s visiting regularly. Once the flowering has finished you can harvest the seed for re-sowing or you can let it down in place and hopefully it will self sow. Packet covers approximately 3m2 Seed sow by date December 2025.
About Greenpatch Seeds
Greenpatch Seeds has a unique approach to growing seeds organically on their farm located near Old Bar on the NSW Mid North Coast. They are dedicated to organic principals in all aspects of their farm and making it as sustainable as possible. They’ve been certified organic since 1993 with Aus-Qual. You can easily look for the Aus-Qual logo and the certification number AQ610175 on all seed packets, standing by organic certification and its reliability that customers can trust.
This aligns strongly in growing crops without the use of chemical pesticides and fertilisers for the betterment of everyone’s health, the overall impact on the environment and the planet. It can be important for households switching to chemical free gardening and ensuring that their produce has no chemical sprays on it. The majority of varieties grown are Heritage varieties, having been grown and established in Australia for over 50 years. Much care and commitment has been taken with seed production and quality. The farm is used for the preservation of heritage seeds.
Heritage seeds are special and known to be more nutritious, have much better flavour, better pest resistance and produce over a longer period. They have been grown and passed down for generations and only the best fruits are selected for seed collection, with the qualities of vigour and flavour in mind. They help to maintain biodiversity, and of course you can save your own seed for next year’s crop.
All seeds are non-hybrid & non GMO.
Many mainstream seed companies stocked in warehouse style outlets, buy their seeds from overseas and rarely produce varieties so why not question where the seeds you are buying come from… Greenpatch Seeds are proud to support Australian growers and produce the majority of their seed varieties themselves!