- Chilli Jalapeno almost speaks for its self with it being used throughout restaurants and being so readily available as a preserve. Jalapeno is an extremely popular variety producing green fruit that turns red when ripe.
- Don’t be confused by its medium heat rating of 5/10 as it still backs a punch.
- Chilli’s get to 8 cm long with thick flesh, originating from Mexico. Hardy Summer vegetable, high yielding. Adds flavour to cooked dishes. Ideal for bottling.
- Plant in good, well drained soil in a sunny position. Provide side dressings of animal manure throughout the season for continual production.
- Sow Spring-Summer.
- Seed packet contains approximately 25 seeds.
About Greenpatch Organic Seeds
Greenpatch Seeds has a unique approach to growing seeds organically on their farm located near Old Bar on the NSW Mid North Coast. They are dedicated to organic principals in all aspects of their farm and making it as sustainable as possible. They’ve been certified organic since 1993 with Aus-Qual. You can easily look for the Aus-Qual logo and the certification number AQ610175 on all seed packets, standing by organic certification and its reliability that customers can trust.
This aligns strongly in growing crops without the use of chemical pesticides and fertilisers for the betterment of everyone’s health, the overall impact on the environment and the planet. It can be important for households switching to chemical free gardening and ensuring that their produce has no chemical sprays on it. The majority of varieties grown are Heritage varieties, having been grown and established in Australia for over 50 years. Much care and commitment has been taken with seed production and quality. The farm is used for the preservation of heritage seeds.
Heritage seeds are special and known to be more nutritious, have much better flavour, better pest resistance and produce over a longer period. They have been grown and passed down for generations and only the best fruits are selected for seed collection, with the qualities of vigour and flavour in mind. They help to maintain biodiversity, and of course you can save your own seed for next year’s crop.
All seeds are non-hybrid & non GMO.
Many mainstream seed companies stocked in warehouse style outlets, buy their seeds from overseas and rarely produce varieties so why not question where the seeds you are buying come from… Greenpatch Seeds are proud to support Australian growers and produce the majority of their seed varieties themselves!