- Sulphur is included in the formation of the green, light absorbing pigment in plants being Chlorophyll.
- Deficiencies result in restricted growth and yellow leaves.
- Sulphur is also the best acidifying agent to lower the pH of alkaline soils.
- Manutec Sulphur is a soil acidifier and soil conditioner ideal to apply to alkaline soils, potting mix or compost with high pH conditions for lowering pH.
- It is a pure form of sulphur, is safe and economical to use and can be applied all year round.
Lowering soil PH; Prior to application test the soil pH level. We recommend the Manutec Soil pH Test Kit.
To lower the PH by one unit e.g. from 7.5 to 6.5 use the following number of grams per square metre:
Sandy soil: 25-50g, Loam Soil: 50-80g, Clay soil: 80-120g